Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Whats new in 2110

Whats new in 2110 I ask myself... Well for a start,, This blog is new, in fact this is the first time that I have ever attempted to create a blog.. AND today (19th Jan 2110) is also my birthday, so this in a way is a brand new year in my lifetime. I now have 49 years behind me. Some good, some not so good, all though have been quite memorable for one reason or another. I started the payments on my new car today so thats good "I think". This blogging is not easy, is it? so if anyone wants to get in touch to give me a few hints on what I should actually be doing and saying here, this woud be greatly appreciated.
As this is my first time here ( A blog virgin so to speak ) perhaps I should tell yo a little about myself. I live in Navan which is in Co.Meath in Ireland. I am a photographer with a great interest in Art and the Arts... My favorite painters are Rembrant and Monet, I love their use of light and the simplicity in their work. Architecture has great appeal to me and I am a great follower of Art Nouveau, hence a recent trip to Brussels. The Chech Artist, Alphonse Maria Mucha who lived through the turn of the 20th centuary and died in 1939 was most famous for his images of women and his advertising and his designs, all of which I find intrigueing. In my own work as a photographer I like to release the true character of the subjects I work with, I do this by first getting to know my client intimately. I use this word with a great deal of licence, ( so no letters please ) I like to travel a lot an go nowhere without my cameras. It is my ambition to travel to all the beautiful cities of Europe to do my own photo documentation of them all. I may need to live till im 110... I have a project which I spent sixteen months prepairing. I have named it " Cotroversy " and the work consists of a group of images depicting scenes of a very controversial nature. Homelessness, drug abuse, prostitution etc. Too many people turn a blind eye to all of this and pretend that it does not exist. Meanwhile, those who suffer continue to do so.. This collection of image has not been published yet and it is my intention and desire to exhibit them in a galley, firstly in Dublin ( when I find someone who will take them ) and then see where I will go from there... Im gonna have to go now cos I am getting a lot of flak on my facebook,, Birthday wishes etc, so I beter reply to them... Anyone want to get in touch, feel free, id love to hear from ye and will reply to deserving contacts... Chat soon

3 comments:

  1. Ok, So I know I made a bit of a boo boo, we are not all as perfect as some, 2110 2010 whats 100 years among friends anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Belated Birthday John! (just 5 mos late)or early? - My grandmother Walsh (Burke) lived on Clare Island her first 29 yrs.(She passed just 5 mos before her 100th birthday back in uly 1992) (her little cottage is still there on Clare Island where she and her many siblings were raised) - (wow, the hardiness of being IRISH!!) - My husband's son Michael (Foley) (who you recently met at THE LANTERN) introduced me to you and your work. Like Mike said "it is amazing" Let me repeat, "IT IS AMAZING" Wow, to have such skill & talent! (I LOVE it!!) - In any event, I wish you well with this blog and I will continue to check out all your fascinating photography! - If you ever get to AZ, let me know. Hugs to you from the states, Pam Foley (Walsh)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi. And thanks for the lovely comments. Mike told me a bit about your family story and its great to meet people who are concerned enough to look into their roots... OH.. Before I forget, sorry bout the delay in responding to your message, I dont look in on this too often. I really should tho.. I dont know how some people get the time to keep these going all the time, cos I never seem to have the time.. Emails on the other hand are checked daily and are always replied to, so feel free to give me a shout there anytime. I was delighted to meet Mike, we had a really great time, and its a pity he had to shoot off so soon after. If he ever get back this way, there will always be a pint of Guinness at the bar for him, that goes for anyone else who comes with him.. tell him to gimme a shout from time to time, and wish him the best. He made a few friends in the Lantern that night ...........Thanks again for the lovely comments ... Chat soon... Slan agus beannach agus failte romhat.. That means "bye for now, and good health toy you all". Regards John

    ReplyDelete